I just made this wonderfully soothing salve for lips, dry skin, cuts and scrapes.
To make the salve:
1. Using a double boiler, infuse 3 tablespoons of coconut oil with a few fresh mint sprigs and a handful of red clovers.
2. Let the oil infuse but make sure it doesn’t burn for about 15 minutes.
3. Add in about 1/4 cup of beeswax, and let it melt into the oil.
4. Test the consistency by taking a spoonful and putting it into the fridge for a minute.
5. The salve should be hardened but soft, like chap stick.
6. Pour the mixture into containers.
This can be used on lips or any other dry skin. The red clover has cancer fighting properties and the coconut oil is soothing, while the mint tastes good and refreshes.